Christmas? Many of the UK’s children are still on their summer holidays – some of us haven’t even been on a summer break yet we’re talking about organising the Christmas menu, who’ll sit next to Brian from Accounts and inevitable hangover the next day. We’re barely half way through August, yet now is the time to organise your work’s Christmas gathering.
By being ahead of the competition, as a business you can organise the event the business and your paymasters are looking for. They might look at you a little oddly when you approach them at your next, regular catch-up, but here’s what you should be looking at:
- The hierarchy should have a pretty good idea if a party can be afforded this year.
- You have plenty of time to look at the geography of where the staff are living and organising the event at a location you are want, not what’s left.
- You can have a short-list and present back.
- You can also book your own entertainment if required (DJ, band, magician etc)
- Believe it or not, the nearer you get to Christmas, the less likely the venues left are unlikely to want to negotiate.
- When thinking about venues, also think about travel and overnight accommodation.
- Will you be expecting your staff to make a contribution? By informing them now, you are giving them time to budget at an expensive time of year.
- Why not tie your Christmas gathering into an awards ceremony for top performers and have a countdown until then?
At Oliver Myles Events, we’ve already had a number of enquiries from our client base looking to organise the venue, hotels, on the night entertainment and logistics. We have offered real creativity to ensure their budgets go so much further.
Naturally, if organising your event at the last minute was your preference, then we specialise in that too. With over 60 collective years of experience in the industry there’s not a stone we would leave uncovered for you and your business.
In our experience, organising early is good for all concerned. Especially if you know what you want and don’t want to be disappointed. This counts for your party as well as the gifts under tree!
For more information, please call 01442 345031 or email: firstname.lastname@example.org